VAHAN / VEHICLE PUJA FOR 4 WHEELER
The Shakti principle worshiped during the Ayudha Puja are Maha Saraswati (the Goddess of wisdom, arts and literature), Maha Lakshmi (the Goddess of fortune and wealth) and Maha Kali (the divine mother, energy permeating all creation), apart from various types of equipment. Weapons, tools and all the implements that are used in day to day life are worshipped. The Puja focuses specific attention on one’s trade and its related tools and connotes that a divine force is working behind it to perform well.
There is one divinity that manifests itself as the intellect in all beings. When we honor that intellect, we honor the Devi. Hindus bless all items and home appliances that are used daily in homes, such as mixers, grinders, stoves, TVs, stereos, etc. A Puja is to be performed at the inception of your connection to the implement, as soon as possible after purchase or just before using it. When a new vehicle is purchased, the Puja is to be performed before driving the vehicle.
This Puja first ritually invokes Lord Ganesh the destroyer of hurdles and obstacles. Then pacifies the planet Saturn – the Karaka of metals and the planet Mars – the Karaka of energy, heat and combustion. It is essential to pacify these two natural malefic planets so that vehicle remains accident-free and the riders/passengers are always safe. This can be performed on all festive and auspicious occasions.
For 4 Wheeler
Description: Swasti Vaachan, Shanti Path, Sankalp, Vishwakarma Pujan, Ganesh, Shani and Mangal Pujan.
Number of Vedic Pundit/s: 1
Duration: 30 – 45 Mins
The steps of the Puja are:
· Tilak on the forehead of the Yajmaan.
· Swastik mark on the headlamps with Mantra recital.
· Swastik mark on the brake lights with Mantra recital.
· Swastik mark on the engine with Mantra recital.
· Swastik mark on the fuel tank with Mantra recital.
· Swastik mark on the steering wheel with Mantra recital.
· Swastik mark on the brake, clutch, and accelerator pedals with Mantra recital.
· Swastik mark on the wheels with Mantra recital.
· Crushing of 4 lemons under the 4 wheels.
· Breaking a coconut and sprinkling the water over the vehicle.
Prasadam: The Yajmaan will receive Prasad after the Puja.