PRADOSH VRAT KATHA (TRAYODASHI VRAT)
· One has to bath an hour before sunset and then start with the worship of Lord Shiva and his divine family viz; Parvati, Ganesh, Kartikeya and Nandi.
· One has to fast on this day and should remain awake through the night till the fast is over.
According to the Seers and scholars when the Shiv Lingam worshipped with the following ingredients the benefits that accrue are as follows:
· Sweetened Milk – To beget a child.
· Sugarcane juice – For wealth.
· Honey – To annihilate sin.
· Ghee – For good health.
· Cow’s Milk – For a long lifespan, the fulfillment of wishes.
· Bel Patra – For power, authority, prosperity.
· Akhand Bel Patra – Blessings and benefits which are equivalent to the benefits arising from crores of Kanya Daan.
Puja Description: Swasti Vaachan, Shanti Path, Sankalp, Gauri - Ganesh Pujan, Kalash Sthapan, Shiva Abhishek followed by 108 mantras of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra and Pradosh Vrat Katha.
Duration: 3 hrs.
Number of Vedic Pandit/s: 1.
Prasadam: An energized Japmala, Pradosh Vrat Katha (Book) and a video recording covering the most important parts of the Puja and Prasad from the Puja.